Thursday, May 5, 2011

HOW TO STOCKPILE AND MORE!!

I know a lot of you have been watching Extreme Couponers on TLC!
Always keep in mind, This show features the most EXTREME cases of couponing and stockpiling!! Althought Last night's show was one of the best I've seen this season!


Most of us just want to save money on our groceries/household items and NOT have our garages or basements overflowing with food that will expire before we even touch them.


Creating a 3 month stockpile is a much more realistic goal to accomplish, than hoarding 30 years of deodorant and toilet paper!


Sales tend to rotate every 3 months! So if you purchased something Free in September, it will more than likely go on sale again for that same FREE price in January.

When I first started couponing, I realized there were no coupons on meats and produce.
I quickly learned that I could get ALL of my household/health&beauty/diapers/pantry items FREE or close to FREE, since that's what majority of the coupons are for.
So I began to spend 80% of my monthly budget on meats and produce.
And then, I learned about store catalinas.
Catalinas are those coupons which print at the end of your order in most grocery stores. These store catalinas can be used towards ANYTHING in the store, including meats and produce!
I began to purchase sale items that qualified for these store catalinas.

Please Read My Post Here

I then used those store catalinas to pay for my meats and produce.
I also try to plan a weekly menu, so I know exactly what I'm going to prepare for dinner. This also saves money!
I also shop at Produce Junction. My friend and I will often split the produce order since everything comes in such a large quantity.

In about 3 months, you should be able to start your own stockpile.  It doesn't have to look like the "Extremers" on TLC, but it will be what YOUR family needs!

As always, email if you have any questions!!!
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment